(picture from A. Tierney's website)
On to more fun...Thanks so much to Glitterista and Sara Elizabeth from Just Don't Quit. Ever. for crowning me a Socialite!
1. Who is your style icon? I try to look for style inspiration in all kinds of people and places. Classic Jackie O style is definitely at the top of my list. I'm also inspired by Elizabeth Montgomery's style as Samantha Stevens in Bewitched (y'all know I am in love with that show), especially during the first few seasons.
2. What is your favorite socialite lit book? How to Walk in High Heels by Camilla Morton
3. Favorite party theme? Vintage with sparkling crystal and touches of lace (but nothing too frilly or overdone)
4. Go to Halloween costume? I'm honestly not huge on Halloween. However, my favorite costume I saw this past Halloween was a girl dressed as Scarlett O'Hara (wearing the green dress Mammy from drapes for her to wear to meet Rhett Butler in jail).
5. Extravagance you cannot live without? My ever-growing collection of fabulous Lilly Pulitzer (sprinkled with some Trina Turk) dresses.
6. Living person you admire? Both of my parents.
7. Greatest Fear? I am terrified of something happening to any of the people (and pets) that I love dearly.
8. Trait you deplore in yourself? I am such a perfectionist and pretty tightly wound. I don't like doing anything unless I can do it perfectly (which, let's face it, can be pretty unattainable and frustrating at times).
9. Which talent would you most like to have? I really wish I could speak another language fluently. I took four years of French in high school and five semesters of Italian in college, but since I never use it I hardly remember anything!
10. Greatest Achievement? My absolutely wonderful relationship with my husband.