First, thank you to two fabulous bloggers for giving me The Sugar Doll Award...Classic Annie and Beyond the Blue Ridge!
Ten things about me:
1. I am actually quite introverted. Nicholas is super extroverted and we balance each other well.
2. I really want a pair of Converse Jack Purcells. I have no idea why.
3. I wish I was a ballerina. Ok, maybe I don't want to be a ballerina right now, but I really wish I had taken ballet as a little girl.
4. I have ADHD. I am also a serious perfectionist. This combination can be quite frustrating at times.
5. I have a terrible sense of direction. I get lost and turned around so easily!
6. I can't wait to be a mother...but I'm terrified about having babies! Lately I've had the strangest mix of baby fever/terror at the thought of getting pregnant. Not that hubs and I are trying. We want to have plenty of time to just have fun being married to each other before we add a baby into the mix. (Plus, we've just added a new fur-baby to our family!) In the meantime, I've been thinking that reading a baby book or two to try and get myself over my aversion to having a baby. Does anyone know of any good baby books or have any advice on this?
7. I carry a little notebook around with me at all times. I think of random things all day that I don't want to forget so I need a place to write them down!
8. I didn't really care for wedding planning. I knew I wanted something romantic with a vintage feel (and lots of green), but I refused to be one of those brides who looks stressed out about every detail from the moment they start planning until they leave the reception. When it came down to it all I really cared about was that Nicholas and I were getting married! I found this picture and gave it to my mother and wedding planner and sort of asked them to go with it. I okayed details, but I'm pretty sure without them I would still be trying to find a wedding location!
9. I really want to learn to play the piano. We had a piano growing up, but my mother didn't make us take lessons because she was forced to take them as a child and hated it.
10. I refuse to watch the news. There are so many horrible things happening in the world, I just can't bear to hear about them all.
Next, Thank you to Brown Eyed Belle for The Blog with Substance Award. The rules for this one are to pick five words that summarize your blogging philosophy, motivation, and experience.
Fashionable: I love fashion and I'm always trying to find ways to make everyday life more fashionable. I love finding blogs with fashion inspirations.
Random: Although my posts usually center around my obsession with fashion (or hubs and our fur babies) there is usually a sprinkling of completely random topics too.
Crafty: I usually share my DIY attempts on my blog and I love finding other blogs with great DIY/craft projects.
Inquisitive: I have about a million random questions running through my head all day and I often ask for other people's opinions in my posts.
Bright: I try to keep my blog bright and cheerful...and I love finding other cheerful, preppy blogs!
Last, but certainly not least, thank you to Falling Off A High-Heeled Life for the Life is Good Award!
Y'all should definitely check out these four blogs!